Canada Cartage is seeking experienced Class 1 Logging Drivers to join their team. These logging positions are based in Cochrane, Alberta and service Southern Alberta and the greater Calgary area.
Please note this is a relocation opportunity for a role based in Cochrane, AB. Relocation assistance to Cochrane or Calgary may be provided to the successful applicant. Cochrane is a vibrant town located just 35 minutes from downtown Calgary, with direct access to Highway 1A and Highway 22. The town is a great compromise for those seeking adventure or serenity in the mountains with the convenience of big city amenities.
Why work for Canada Cartage?
- We offer a competitive hourly rate potential to earn up to $90,000/year
- Dedicated Tractor and Trailer
- New Hire bonus of $2250 (restrictions apply)
- Safety Bonuses paid out quarterly
- Top ups paid to guarantee 40 hours per week (restrictions apply)
- Earn referral bonuses
- Potential local or highway work during spring break up or due to extenuating circumstances
- There are opportunities for career advancements through training and development; tankers, LCV, flat deck, etc.
- $300/yr Uniform allowance & $150/yr Safety Shoe allowance
- Extended Health, and Dental Benefits & RRSP and Company-Matching Pension Plans
- Discounted hotels, car rentals, entertainment, gym memberships, phone plans, electronics, home services, cars, etc.
- Work with a company named Canada's Best Employer 2018 in Transportation & Logistics by Forbes
We are looking for drivers who:
- Operate smart, operate safely, and respect their equipment
- Are willing and able to work the hours logging requires
- Respect and support their co-workers and their community
- Understand the importance of pre and post-trip inspections
- Adhere to Hours of Service regulations
- Pay attention to cargo securement; use of log wraps
- Operate two-way radios professionally to call out kmÕs
- Chain tires as required
- Complete all other duties as reasonably assigned
Our General Requirements/Qualifications:
- Must have Logging and/or Off Road driving experience
- Hold a valid Class 1 license
- Must provide a Clean 5 year Commercial Drivers abstract (restrictions apply)
- Must be able to drive manual transmission
- Must be willing to chain up as needed
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted
If you meet the above qualification, please respond to this job posting and attach your current resume and/or Commercial Driver Abstract. We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only qualified candidates will be contacted.